Spent a long day of doing almost nothing, and I wanted to make a quick but yummy dinner, so I whipped up some veggie fried rice. And my roommate and I pretty much scarfed it all down in one sitting:
It was super easy:
- First you need regular steamed rice (I steamed up a cup of uncooked white rice, would vary cook times for brown), and you can totally just use leftovers if you have them.
- Heat up some cooking oil on medium heat, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Toss the rice in the oil, moving it around with your spoon or spatula, for about 2 minutes.
- Push all of the rice to one side, and on the other, add one whisked egg. Allow to cook and mix into the rice.
- Add frozen mixed veggies at the end (I just had peas and carrots, so that’s what I used). Mix until everything is cooked through!
- Serve with soy sauce and/or sesame oil to taste (I didn’t have much of either, so I used the last of my soy sauce, a little peanut oil, and threw in some extra salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger).
- (Taken from this WikiHow page)
So there was a lot of oil in this, but it’s okay. I’m washing it down with some tea, a blend of white and green with a hint of citrus. It’s so good.